The awards are given across several categories, including building construction, design/build, highway construction, international, construction management, heavy industrial construction and municipal utilities construction.
The BuildSouth Awards honor projects that are judged on multiple criteria, including:
- Meeting the challenge of a difficult job
- Excellence in project management
- Innovation in construction techniques or materials
- State-of-the-art advancement
- Sensitivity to environment and surroundings
- Contractor’s contribution to the community
This year, BL Harbert International was the recipient of three AGC BuildSouth Awards, one of which was based in Alabama: West Homewood Patriot Park. BL Harbert was recognized at the annual awards banquet at The Club in Birmingham.
Alabama AGC was established in 1920, bringing together construction contractors and industry-related companies dedicated to skill, integrity and responsibility. It is the oldest and largest association of non-residential contractors in the state.